This book is a catalogue of selected design drawings, models and sketches of three urban and three building design projects of Florian Beigel, Philip Christou and the Architecture Research Unit. The works have been selected to present the design thinking process rather than the finished results of the projects.
Each project is accompanied by a design reference- a painting, a photograph or a sculpture that is related to the development of the architectural concepts and spirit of the project. To a certain extent these references have been translated into the design proposals.
The Architecture Research Unit is an architecture design studio based at the London Metropolitan University since 1974. For Florian Beigel and Philip Christou the architectural work that they do developing spatial and constructional concepts at all scales from interior, building and urban designs is design as research.
- Introduction by Florian Beigel and Philip Christou
- Agnes Martin, Untitled, 1963
- Stadtlandschaft Lichterfelde Sud, Berlin, 1998
- Paul Klee, A Leaf from the Book of Cities, 46 (N6), 1928
- Paju Landscape Script, Paju Book City, Seoul, Korea, 1999
- Hans Josephsohn, Untitled, 1981
- Positive Thinking People Publishing House, Paju Book City, 2007
- Giovanni Mansueti, Miracle of the Relic of the Holy Cross in Campo San Lio, c. 1494
- You Hwa Dang Book Hall Building, Paju Book City, 2009
- Kang Woon-Gu, Beolgyo, Boseong-gun, Jeollanam-do, Korea, 1983
- Saemangeum Island City, Korea, 2008
- Choi Dukjoo, Po Dja Gi, 2008
- House, Jazz Hall and Podjagi Gallery, g-39-2 Heyri Art Valley, Korea, 2004
- Afterword by Niall Hobhouse
- Deutsche Texte
- Imagine Captions, Project Credits
120 pages, 96 mainly colour illustrations / 23 x 26,5 cm / English, German