Based on careful analysis and experience in all housing sectors and house types, this handbook explains and demonstrates how to incorporate the most effective energy saving measures in the existing housing stock.
It begins by setting out the basic aims of sustainable refurbishment before presenting a large number of illustrated case studies from a range of single- and multi-family dwellings. A practical section then details the specific measures that can be taken to reduce the energy demand of buildings, with extensive references to further resources.
Written for architects and building engineers, the book combines technical and managerial solutions demonstrating that a new refurbishment culture needs to be created that radically improves the energy performance of all existing houses whenever any opportunity presents itself and whenever any work is carried out.
- Outline of Sustainable Housing Refurbishment
- Occupier Information and Behaviour Change
- Strategies to Get Action for Sustainable Housing Good And Best Practice Examples
- Good and Best Practice in Single Family Houses
- Good and Best Practice in Apartment Blocks and Social Housing Practical Support
- Practical Details and Choosing the Best
- Design Tools, Testing, Monitoring and Smart Metering Future Directions
- Adaptation to Climate Change
- Towards Zero Carbon in the Existing Housing Stock
180 pages, color / 19 x 25 cm / English